10.11.2007

Arcade Fire, LCD Sound System, Blonde Redhead, Les Savy Fav, ?

Wow. Probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. The show was set on a beautiful and warm Saturday afternoon on Randall's Island, just a skip from Harlem. It's quite rare when this happens, but all of the bands were exciting and excellent. We were there from the very first act until the very end of the Arcade Fire's encore. I was so sore from standing that I had to stretch and sit down for ten minutes before leaving the grounds and walking back to Manhattan. What a joy to see all of those amazing acts in one day! The Arcade Fire, Les Savy Fav and Blonde Redhead have been on my "to see" list for quite some time and boy am I a happy camper! Les Savy Fav was as bizzare and fun as I've heard and Blonde Redhead rocked the fucking house. The Arcade Fire were quite magical, though I wish that I was much closer. There was so much going happening on the stage, and I missed a lot by being back a bit. I love that they all sing the lyrics. LCD Sound System rocked my boots! I never really gave them much of a listen before, but since the show they have been prominent on my ipod play list.

No comments:

Music blogs Top Blogs Music Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory