9.05.2007

The National at the TLA - Philly 9/4/07

Caught The National last night at the TLA on South Street (which is now known as the "Fillmore" TLA). The show was a little slow going at the beginning, but picked up after a few songs and ended on a high note. A quick Wikipedia search just informed me that they really didn't do a whole of live playing until their first release in 2001. While six years is a long time to improve, it may just be that they are a studio band. I came across them this summer after hearing their recent release "Boxer" and was quite impressed. In fact, I acquired their record and the Arcade Fire's most recent release at the same time and found myself playing The National much more often (not to denigrate the Arcade Fire, who are living Gods and who I am seeing in NYC next month). In all, pretty good show...wish I had stopped at Jim's on fourth and South and grabbed a cheese steak though.

No comments:

Music blogs Top Blogs Music Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory