8.21.2007

Modest Mouse

If you havn't yet, you **must** see Modest Mouse when they come to your neck of the woods. I've listened to the band for a few years now and was able to catch about an hour of their show in Philly on Sunday night. I know I'm going to get squashed for this by their horde of dedicated indy rock fans, but I feel like they have almost a Greatful Dead vibe when playing live, especially since they sport two drummers (who are phenomenal). The icing on the cake, for me at least, is MM's new addition Johnny Marr of The Smiths fame. I remember dancing and just rocking out at the show and every once in a while glancing over to stage right and thinking, "fuck, that's Johnny Marr!" What a great summer of music for me. I saw Morrissey AND Johhny Marr! Probably the closest I'll get to a Smiths reunion ever...

No comments:

Music blogs Top Blogs Music Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory